7 September 2009

Sir Terry Wogan Quitting BBC R2 Breakfast Show



Bad News: This morning, Sir Terry Wogan [Left] announced that he will be leaving the BBC Radio 2 breakfast show at the end of this year. That's not good news for listeners.

Even worse news, though, is that Chris Evans will be taking over. So I will no longer be listening to to R2 in the mornings. 'll be parting company with Radio 2, along with Wogan.

What the hell are the BBC thinking of? Who's bright idea was it to replace Wogan with Evans? Chalk and cheese. (Where did that expression come from,anyway? Why chalk? Why cheese?)

I haven't always been a fan of Terry Wogan. When I was younger, I didn't appreciate his humour. But during the last few years - perhaps since hitting my thirties, I've grown very fond of his morning radio show. He makes me chuckle - not many people can do that to me in the morning! I've realised that appreciation of  Wogan requires a certain level of maturity.

However, I don't believe I'll ever "grow into" Chris Evans [Right] . He has to be one of the most over-rated, untalented, irritating presenters I've ever listened to. Not just on the radio, but on the television too. He is immensely immature, thinks far too much of himself and I really don't get what's supposed to be entertaining about him.

This is a very sad day for BBC R2.

No comments:

Post a Comment